To: APL Tennis Club Membership
From: Tournament Chair
Subject: 2003 Summer Singles Round Robin Series
The APL Tennis Club 2003 Summer Singles Round Robin Series will begin
on Monday, 7 July and end on Monday 15 September. Entries must be received by
the Tournament Chair - Duncan Brown, no later than 2 July. The tournament will
be run as a round robin series with all players competing against every other
player in their division. The two players with the best records (most wins)
will then play each other at the end of the series for the championship. The
following rules will apply:
- There will be separate A, B and C bracket if participation allows.
Women are encouraged to play in any of the divisions. A minimum of 4 entries
for each division will be needed to make a division viable. Specify your
division preference on the form below.
- Matches will be 2 out of 3 sets with 7 point tiebreakers.
- Each player must bring one can of unopened, regulation tennis balls
to each match. The winner will keep the unopened can.
- Players are responsible for scheduling matches with other players in
their bracket. Match winners are responsible for recording results on the draw
sheets at the courts.
- Players who cannot complete the round robin series by Sep 15 will
forfeit games not played. The Tournament Director will adjudicate problems
concerning scheduling where participants were unavailable for play.
- Division rosters will be posted and emailed to participants on 7
- The APL courts are scheduled to be demolished sometime this summer.
At present the demolition date is unknown. If the APL courts are no longer
available, participants should continue to play matches on local courts and
report their results via email to Duncan Brown. Some local courts are as
follows (you may play on others):
- Atholton HS - Just north-east of the Rt 32 / Cedar Lane
- Schooly Mill Park - Off of Simpson Rd just south of Rt 216.
Bathrooms and water are available.
- Reservoir HS - on Rt 216 north-west of the intersection of Rt 216
APL TENNIS CLUB 2003 SUMMER SINGLES ROUND ROBIN SERIES ENTRY
Division Preference: A___ B___ C___
Please return form to Duncan Brown, preferably by email by 2 July.