To: APL Tennis Club Membership
June 13, 2001
From: Tournament Committee
Subject: Summer Doubles Tournament
The APL Tennis Club 2001 Summer Doubles Tournament will begin Monday, July
9th. Entries must be received by the tournament director, George Vetticad, no
later the deadline given below. The following rules will apply:
- The deadline for entries is 4:00 PM, Monday, 2 July. To enter,
return the attached entry form, or call the Tournament Director prior to the
- Matches will be 2 out of 3 sets with a 12 point tie-breaker.
- Each team must bring one can of unopened, regulation tennis balls to each
match. The winners will keep the unopened can.
- Seeding will be determined by the Tournament Director and will be based on
his judgment and previous tournament record.
- The draw will be posted at the courts and at the Building 5 bulletin board
under the cafeteria no later than 4 PM Friday, 6 July. Match winners are
responsible for recording results on the draw sheets at the courts.
- A schedule for the tournament will be established once the size of the
draw is determined.
- Teams who cannot keep pace with the tournament schedule may be forfeited
at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Both teams are responsible for scheduling individual matches.
APL TENNIS CLUB 2001 SUMMER DOUBLES TOURNAMENT ENTRY
DIVISION PERFERENCE: A ____ B _____
PLAYER 1 NAME_______________________________
PLAYER 2 NAME________________________________
PHONE: OFFICE________________ HOME________________________
Please return form to George Vetticad (X8123), 13-S545,
Monday, July 2nd.