To: APL Tennis Club Membership
May 15, 2001
From: Tournament Committee
Subject: Spring Singles Tournament
The APL Tennis Club 2001 Spring Singles Tournament will begin on Saturday, 2
June. Entries must be received by the tournament director, George Vetticad, no
later the deadline given below.
The following rules will apply:
- The deadline for entries is 4:00 PM, Thursday, 31 May. To enter, return
the attached entry form, or call the Tournament Director prior to the deadline.
- There will be separate A, B, C and Women's brackets if participation
allows. We need a minimum of 4 entries for the division to be
viable. Specify your preference on the form. Winners of Last Year's B and
C division tournaments must move up to the next level.
- Matches will be 2 out of 3 sets with a 12-point tiebreaker.
- Each player must bring one can of unopened, regulation tennis balls to
each match. The winner will keep the unopened can.
- Seeding will be determined by the Tournament Director and will be based on
ladder standings and previous tournament record.
- The draw will be posted at the courts and at the Building 5 bulletin board
under the cafeteria no later than 5 PM Friday, 1 June. Match winners are
responsible for recording results on the draw sheets at the courts.
- A schedule for the tournament will be established once the size of the
draw is determined.
- Players who cannot keep pace with the tournament schedule may be forfeited
at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Both players are responsible for scheduling individual matches.
APL TENNIS CLUB 2001 SPRING SINGLES TOURNAMENT ENTRY
PHONE: OFFICE________________ HOME________________________
____ A Division ____ B Division ____
C Division ____ Women's Division
Please return form to George Vetticad (X8123), 13-S545, by Friday 1 June.