2001 FALL WEEKEND ROUND ROBIN
The APL Tennis Club 2001 is trying a new event this fall, a weekend round
robin singles tournament on the weekend of September 22nd and 23rd. You must be
available both days to enter. Entries must be received by the tournament
coordinator, Duncan Brown no later the deadline given below. The following
rules will apply:
- The deadline for entries is 12 noon on Thursday, 20 September. To enter,
return the attached entry form by email if possible, or call the Tournament
Coordinator prior to the deadline.
- Start time: 9 AM each day: Saturday and Sunday
- Maximum of 8 players per division. There will be an A and B division if
entries permit. Each player plays every other player once. For an 8 player
division this would be 4 matches on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. Then the two
players with the best record play each other on Sunday (others cheer and jeer).
- Each match consists of one pro set (first to win 8 games by one game). Each
game uses no ad scoring (first to win four points wins - no ads or duces).
Tiebreaker (if 7 all in games) will be a 9 point tie breaker where the first to
win 5 points wins. No necessary to win by two in the tiebreaker as this is
- Tiebreakers for standings, if two or more persons have the same record,
winner of head to head competition goes to the finals. If the tie is not broken
by head to head competition, the persons with the least number of games lost
move forward. If the tie is still not broken, a nine point tiebreak will be
- Each player must bring one can of unopened, regulation tennis balls to the
tournament. On Saturday, one player on each court will open a new can of balls.
The balls will be used for all matches on that court that day. On Sunday, the
players who did not open a new can on Saturday will open a new can for Sundays
- You may indicate your preference for the A or B division; However, the
Tournament Coordinator reserves the right to move players up or down at his
discretion if necessary to produce two balanced divisions. No one can play both
- The schedule of matches will be posted at the courts on Saturday morning
just prior to the beginning of the first match.
- Due to the nature of the tournament, all players must be present both
Saturday and Sunday morning to participate. No schedule shifting will be
APL TENNIS CLUB 2001
FALL WEEKEND ROUND ROBIN SINGLES TOURNAMENT ENTRY
____ A Division ____ B Division
PHONE: OFFICE________________ HOME________________________
Please return entry form to Duncan Brown((443) 778-0437, 9-154, by noon,
Thursday, 20 September. Prefer using email to