To: APL Tennis Club Membership
From: Tournament Committee
Subject: 2001 Singles Round-Robin Leagues
We are continuing our round-robin singles leagues for an encore season.
Competitors of equal NTRP Rating will be split into pools of 4 to 6 players.
Each pool will play a complete round robin. The top one or two finishers from
each pool will playoff against the other pools to determine an overall
champion. The league will commence May 29 and run for about seven weeks.
The following rules will apply:
- The deadline for entries is 12:00 PM, Friday, May 25. To enter, return the
attached entry form or E-Mail the League Director prior to the deadline.
- The objective of the league is to foster competitive play between equally
matched opponents. Multiple levels may be configured, depending on the number
and playing level of entrants. The Open level requires an NTRP rating of 4.0 or
- Matches will be 2 out of 3 sets with a 12-point tiebreaker.
- Each player must bring one can of unopened, regulation tennis balls to
each match. The winner will keep the unopened can.
- A schedule will be distributed to participants. Players will need to
complete one match about every ten days. Players who cannot keep pace with the
league schedule may be forfeited at the discretion of the League Director.
- Both players are responsible for scheduling individual matches. In order to
keep the league moving, each player must show some initiative in scheduling and
completing their matches.
- Pool standings will be determined by (in order): Match record, set won/lost
percentage, game won/lost percentage, punctuality, coin toss.
ROUND ROBIN SINGLES LEAGUE APPLICATION
NAME_______________________________ LEVEL: Open Intermediate Beginner
PHONE: OFFICE________________ HOME________________________
Please return form or E-Mail to Mike.Kane@jhuapl.edu (x8746), 24-E245 by May 25